May
20, 2013
Dear
Parents,
It
seems impossible that this is the last week of school. This year surely has flown by . The students are amazing. This is an
extraordinary group of children. It has
been a pure treat to be their teacher this year.
I am
sending home with the students, along
with their progress report, their two end-of-year tests - one for math and one
for language arts. This is to let us know what they have learned this year. (I had the students correct some of the
questions – especially if I felt they were hurrying and being careless. You’ll notice which ones I am talking about.)
The students have learned amazing things.
They are well prepared for third grade.
I hate to send them on though.
Please contact me if you have any questions.
Newsletter: This will be the last newsletter of the year.
Spelling: There will be no more spelling words.
Homework: There will be no more math homework. However, continue having your child read each
night for the rest of the school year and throughout the summer. Reading each day will make sure your child won’t
regress in their reading ability.
Library: Just a reminder that all library books should
have been returned last week. Also, take
home library books should have been returned.
Field Day: Field day will be on Tuesday May 21st. Please have your child wear sunscreen. They may also wear a hat. We will be outside for most of the day. If it is bad weather, we will rotate around
in the classrooms inside the school.
Last Day of School: Friday May 24th is the last day of
school. School will be dismissed at 2:30
p.m.
Field
Trip: We will have a field trip to a
surprise location on the morning of the last day of school. Please have your child dress appropriately –
with good walking shoes and a jacket if needed.
Watch
for their portfolios, class book, progress report, and things in their desk to
come home this week.
Thanks
once again for all that you’ve done to help make our class so wonderful! I have greatly appreciated your support and
help to make this a year to remember.
HAVE A
GREAT SUMMER!
Sincerely,
Brenda
Haight
No comments:
Post a Comment