Friday, May 10, 2013

May 13th Newsletter



May 13, 2013

Dear Parents,

The school year is almost over.  I can’t believe it.  It sure has passed quickly for me.  We have had a super class this year!  I am very impressed with the students.  They worked hard and really progressed academically.  I hate to move them on to 3rd grade.

One more Field Trip:    I will send home a field trip permission slip this week for a SURPRISE walking field trip on the morning of the last day of school  Please send it back by Thursday. 
.
Spelling:  Watch for spelling words to come home today.  The test will be on Thursday. This is the last week for spelling words.

Homework:  This is the last week of math homework.

Science:  We are learning a lot about matter.  The matter unit is filled with lots of exploration and experiments.  It’s a favorite of the students.  We should finish that up this week and hopefully wrap up plants as well.
            Science in a Bag Homework:  I hope you enjoyed doing the homework on mass with your child this past week.  Please send the bag back if you haven’t because I’d like to use the bags again next year.  Thanks.

Reading Log:  This is the last week you will need to keep a reading log.  Please send it to school on Friday the 17th so we can count the reading minutes towards the reading celebration. Please send all the reading records to school it you have any more.   
     It is very important that you have your child keep reading during the summer.  They have made wonderful progress this year and I’d hate to have them regress over the summer.  Reading each day will help prevent that. 

Reading Celebration:  Our reading celebration will be held on Monday May 20th.  This will be a fun event.  Our read-a-thon was great on Friday and the PTA said those minutes could count towards the reading celebration. 

Library:  Just a reminder that all library books should have been returned last week.  Also, take home library books should have been returned.

Field Day:  Field day will be on Tuesday May 21st.  Please have your child wear sunscreen.  They may also wear a hat.  We will be outside for most of the day. 

Last Day of School:  Friday May 24th is the last day of school.  School will be dismissed at 2:30.

Reading Parents:  Thank you again for your
dedicated help this year with reading.  The students really progressed.  You helped to make it possible.  Thanks!

Thanks once again for all that you’ve done to help make our class so wonderful!  I have greatly appreciated your support and help to make this a year to remember.

Sincerely,

Brenda Haight

No comments:

Post a Comment