Saturday, November 2, 2013
November 4, 2013
Dear Parents,
Thanks to each of you for your help and support. I appreciate the time you spend reading with your child at home and helping him/her with the homework. This makes such a difference for them. By doing this your child knows that you value education and it becomes important to them as well - plus it gives them added practice and reinforcement when needed. Thanks!
Math: We will continue with place value to 1,000.
Literature: We will work with antonyms and compound words. We will continue to compare different versions of the Cinderella story.
Spelling: Watch for spelling words to come home today.
Science: We will continue our unit on the moon.
Leaf Art: Our leaf art turned out great! The students made some darling leaf animals. They will write a short poem about their animal this week. Thanks for helping them gather and press their leaves.
Pretend Birthday: We will celebrate Charlie Davidson’s pretend birthday on Friday November 8th.
As we reflect on the things we are grateful for during November, I have to mention how grateful I am to be your child’s teacher. We have a wonderful class! It is a treat for me to be able to spend each day with these children. It’s fun to watch them get excited about learning as they discover new things. Thank you for sharing your child with me.
I appreciate your support!
Sincerely,
Brenda Haight
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment