Friday, November 15, 2013

November 18, 2013 Dear Parents, (I don't know why this newsletter on the blog goes all crazy. I'm sorry.) There will be no newsletter or homework next week (the week of Thanksgiving) because of the short week. I hope you have a wonderful holiday filled with family and friends. Thanksgiving Break: There will be no school on Wednesday 11-17, Thursday 11-28, and Friday 11-29 next week because of the Thanksgiving Holiday. Reading Parents: We will have reading parents this week but we will not need them the week of Thanksgiving because of the shortened week. We will resume as usual the week after Thanksgiving. Spelling: Spellings words this week will be words associated with Thanksgiving. (Please look for the spelling paper to come home on Monday). In place of our regular spelling test, we will have an old-fashioned spelling bee called “Pumpkin Pie” on Thursday. Please take an opportunity to practice the words with your child during the week. Math: We will review concepts learned thus far this year. We are working addition and subtraction strategies, greater than and less than, place value, etc. Science: We finished our unit on the moon on Friday. The students had fun making a constellation out of marshmallows, making the moon phases with Oreo cookies and much more. We will begin our unit on weather next. Book Order: Book orders went home on Friday. If you’d like to order any books, please have the orders to me by Tuesday November 26th. Literature/Language: We are working with synonyms and antonyms, compound words, the friendly letter format, the “l” and “r” blends and predicting. Happy Thanksgiving! Have a great week! Your child is WONDERFUL! I tell you that often but I sure mean it. Sincerely, Brenda Haight

No comments:

Post a Comment