Friday, April 12, 2013



April 15, 2013

Dear Parents,

I can honestly say that I am  sad that this year is almost over.  These students are wonderful!  I appreciate them and their efforts.  I also appreciate you and all of your support.  We certainly will finish the year off strong.


Reading Mothers:  We will have reading mothers as usual for the next few weeks for those of you who can continue to come. I sure appreciate your help.   

Math:  We will finish working with fractions.  This has been fun for the students.
Next week, we will start on measurement.


Field Trip:  Our field trip to SUU to attend the Wizard of Oz was terrific.  The performers were awesome!
On Friday, we will go on our all-day field trip to St. George to visit the Tonaquint Nature Center and the Gubler farm.  This field trip is in conjunction with our animal and plant units. 
All students will need to eat school lunch on this day.  Thanks!

Science:  We will finish up our animal unit and start on plants.  The students will do their animal reports on Monday and Tuesday.  The students are making some fun habitat dioramas.  We’ll write a poem to go with them on Monday and then display the dioramas in the library for a week.   
We have planted out Brassica Rappia plants (an experimental mustard plant which goes from seed to seed in 40 days.).  They are sprouted and doing well.

Spelling words:  Spelling words have the vowel patterns “ow”, “ou” and “ow” that make the sounds as in cow, show and shout. The test will be on Thursday. 

End-of-the-ear Program:  The second grades will present an end-of-the-year program for parents  on Monday May 6th at 1:30 in the gym. 

Thanks again for all of your help and support.

Brenda Haight

No comments:

Post a Comment