Saturday, May 12, 2012

May 14, 2012 Dear Parents, The school year is almost over. I can’t believe it. It sure has passed quickly for me. We have had a super class this year! I am very impressed with the students. They worked hard and really progressed academically. I hate to move them on to 3rd grade. Second Grade Program: The second grade classes will be performing an end-of-the year program on Friday May 18th at 1:30 p.m. in the school gym. You are invited to attend. It should last around 45 minutes . Two more Field Trips: I will send home a field trip permission slip today for a field trip on Tuesday morning May 22nd. We will be walking to the new science building at SUU to observe their natural history museum and greenhouse. Please send it back by Wednesday. . Spelling: Watch for spelling words to come home today. The test will be on Thursday. This is the last week for spelling words. Homework: This is the last week of math homework. Science: We are learning a lot about matter. The matter unit is filled with lots of exploration and experiments. It’s a favorite of the students. We should finish that up this week and hopefully wrap up plants as well. Science in a Bag Homework: I hope you enjoyed doing the homework on mass with your child this past week. Please send the bag back if you haven’t because I’d like to use the bags again next year. Thanks. Reading Log: This is the last week you will need to keep a reading log. Please send it to school on the Monday the 21st so I can get the progress reports done for the end of the week. However, it is very important that you have you child keep reading during the summer. They have made wonderful progress this year and I’d hate to have them regress over the summer. Reading each day will help prevent that. Library: Just a reminder that all library books should have been returned last week. Also, take home library books should have been returned. Field Day: Field day will be on Monday May 21st. Please have your child wear sunscreen. They may also wear a hat. We will be outside for most of the day. Last Day of School: Friday May 25th is the last day of school. Reading or Math Tutors: Mrs. Bylynda Murray (bylynda.murray@ironmail.org.) has a list of college students who are interested in tutoring students this summer. They would be available to tutor students in reading and math. Please contact Mrs. Murray at the school if you are interested and she’ll provide you with some names to contact. Reading Parents: Thank you again for your dedicated help this year with reading. The students really progressed. You helped to make it possible. Thanks! Thanks once again for all that you’ve done to help make our class so wonderful! I have greatly appreciated your support and help to make this a year to remember. Sincerely, Brenda Haight

No comments:

Post a Comment