Saturday, January 29, 2011

January 31st Newsletter

January 31, 2011

Dear Parents,

Today is the 100th day of school. I can’t believe how quickly this school year is passing.

Science Fair: The science fair for South Elementary will be on Friday March 25th. I’d encourage your child to participate. Information will be coming home soon.

Valentines Day Party: We will have our class Valentine’s party on Friday, February 11th in the afternoon. I will send home a class list today. We have 27 students.

Math: We will continue to work with money and start time as well as review the concepts learned thus far this year.

Language: We will continue to work with prefixes and suffixes and work with contractions.

Reading: I am impressed with how much reading the students are doing at home each week. Reading each night for at least 20 minutes will have a great impact on the progress your child will make in reading. Thanks so much for your help and encouragement in this area.

Grandparents Program: We are working hard with our preparations for the Grandparents Program. Parts are being sent home today. Your child’s part is stapled onto this newsletter. He/she will be saying it with 2 more children. These parts need to be memorized by Monday February 2nd. Thanks for your help with this. We only have two weeks left but should be ready with no problem. Please see that you child is here each day (unless he/she is sick). We are finalizing our learning these next two weeks as well as finishing projects for the program.
Just a reminder that the program will be on Monday February 14th at 1:30 p.m. in the school gym. Parents, family members and friends are welcome to come in addition to grandparents. However, the focus of the program is on our grandparents.
We'd like to have refreshments for our Grandparents Program so I am asking for your help. I'll be sending home a food assignment and would you please send it to school with your child on or before the 14th. Thank you for your help. Please let me know if you are unable to help at this time.
Pretend Birthday: We will celebrate Ashlyn’s pretend birthday on Tuesday February 1st.

Thanks for all you do.

Sincerely,
Brenda Haight

No comments:

Post a Comment