November 29, 2010
Dear Parents,
Greetings from our classroom! I hope you had a happy Thanksgiving holiday. As December is almost here, I can’t help but marvel at how quickly the year is passing. I wish I could slow it down. I am sure enjoying your children.
Math: Place value, double digit addition, and subtraction strategies are the concepts we will be working with this week. Watch for homework to come home on Wednesday.
Literature: We will work with antonyms, synonyms and compound words. We will continue to work with “r” controlled vowels.
Reading Parents: We will be having reading centers this month. I know that December is a very busy hectic time. If you are able to come to our class and help this month, that will be great. If you are busy with your holiday preparations and are short on time, you don’t need to worry about coming. We’ll look forward to seeing you again in January. We appreciate your help when you can come!
Spelling: Watch for spelling words to come home today.
Science: We will continue our unit on weather.
Two Field Trips:
#1 -We will be going on a walking field trip to the SUU Braithwaite Fine Arts Gallery and the Randall L. Jones Theater on Monday December 5th in the afternoon.
#2 – We will be walking to the Randall L. Jones theater to view the production The Christmas Carol on Thursday December 16th in the afternoon. Hallie Bronson from our class is in the children’s choir performing in the play. We’re excited to see and hear her. There is a $1.00 charge per person to see the play. If your child could bring $1 to school to help cover his/her cost that would be wonderful but not necessary.
Please send the permission slip back as soon as possible.
Please have your child dress warmly for both of these field trips as we will be walking. Thanks!
Your children are great!
Sincerely,
Brenda Haight
Friday, November 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment