November 15, 2010
Dear Parents,
There will be no newsletter or homework next week (the week of the 22nd) because of the short week. I hope you have a wonderful holiday filled with family and friends.
Thanksgiving Break: There will be no school on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday next week because of the Thanksgiving Holiday.
Reading Mothers: We will have reading parents this week but we will not need them the week of Thanksgiving because of the shortened week. We will resume as usual the following week.
Spelling: Spellings words this week will be words associated with Thanksgiving. (Please see the sheet of words that was sent home today). In place of our regular spelling test, we will have an old-fashioned spelling bee called “Pumpkin Pie” on Friday. Please take an opportunity to practice the words with your child during the week.
Math: We will review concepts learned thus far this year. Watch for homework to come home on Wednesday.
Substitute: I will be gone to meetings with the State Office of Education again on Tuesday. Barbara Cowan will be the substitute. She will do a great job. Your child will be in good hands.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Have a great week! Your child is WONDERFUL! I tell you that often but I sure mean it.
Sincerely,
Brenda Haight
Friday, November 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment