Friday, August 15, 2014
August 18th Newsletter
August 18, 2014
Dear Parents,
I hope you all get a copy of this email and can also view it on the blog. Make sure to watch for pictures on the Blog from the first day of school. I hope to have the pictures posted by the end of the week.
School has been fun and exciting so far as we have been making new friends and getting to know each other. I hope your child is enjoying school as much as I am. I think the favorite activity thus far was launching our water rockets on the first day of school. That sure was a lot of fun. No one even complained if they happened to get a little wet. (It felt good to get cooled off.) A special thanks to the parents who came to help. Their help made launching the rockets go very smoothly. THANKS!
Thanks for returning the many forms that needed to be signed. If you haven’t sent yours back yet, you may do so anytime.
Field Trip: Our class will be going to the musical production of Seusical the Musical on Monday August 25 in the morning. Three of our classmates are in the production. We are excited to see them perform. There is a $1.00 admission fee per student. If you can send $1.00, I’d appreciate. Thanks to those of you who have sent the money.
Grandparents Program: Our class will be performing a program for our Grandparents on Friday February 13th at 1:30 p.m. in the school gym. Please tell grandparents and family members who would like to attend about the date so they can put it on their calendar and plan on coming. It should be a fun way to celebrate Valentine’s Day.
Reading Parents: Reading parents will start the week of September 15th. I appreciate all of you who have signed up to help. I will contact you before then to verify times, etc. Thanks!
Reading: One thing that will greatly benefit your child is if he/she reads each night. I am asking that each child read a minimum of 20 minutes per night (five nights a week). Sent home each week will be a reading record where your child can keep track of the days and time read, (The time you read to your child can also count but still have your child read as well.) Please sign and return the reading slip with your child each Monday morning.
Homework: Homework will be sent home on Wednesdays to be returned on Friday mornings. This will usually be a math review page. The homework this week will deal with doubles in math.
Back-to-School Night: It was great to meet with you at Back-to-School Night. Thanks for coming!
Take Home Library: The Take Home Library will start in the middle of September. Watch for that.
Sharing: We will have sharing this Friday at 2:00. Please don’t let your child bring toys for sharing or to school to play with.
Parents, I am looking forward to visiting with you often throughout the year. The children in our class are wonderful. We are going to have a GREAT year! Please feel free to call me if you have any questions or concerns - school @ 586-2850 or home @ 586-2189.
Thank you for your support!
Sincerely,
Brenda Haight
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment