Friday, January 17, 2014
January 21, 2014
Dear Parents,
Spelling Bee: Please check out the school web site for information on the spelling bee.
A special thanks to Sandi Lunt who went with us on the field trip on Friday to watch Michael Ballam. The field trip turned out great!
Progress Reports: I am sending home the 2nd quarter progress report this week. I’ll email you the day I send it so you can watch for it.
If you have any questions about the progress report, please contact me at school or at home. Each child is progressing well this year.
Valentine’s Day Party: We will have our class Valentine’s party on Thursday Feb. 13th because of the Grandparent’s Program on the 14th. I will send home a class list in two weeks. We have 24 students.
Math: We will continue to work with regrouping with addition.
Language: We will continue to work with vowel patterns and learn about nouns.
Reading: I am impressed with how much reading the students are doing at home each week. Reading each night for at least 20 minutes will have a great impact on the progress your child will make in reading. Thanks so much for your help and encouragement in this area. Have your child read out loud occasionally. This will help with his/her fluency.
Grandparents Program: We are working hard with our preparations for the Grandparents Program. Parts are being sent home today. Your child will be saying their part with 1 or 2 more children. These parts need to be memorized by Monday January 28 . Thanks for your help with this. We only have three weeks left but should be ready with no problem. Please see that your child is here each day (unless he/she is sick). We are finalizing our learning these next three weeks as well as finishing projects for the program.
Just a reminder that the program will be on Friday February 14th at 1:30 p.m. in the school gym. Parents, family members and friends are welcome to come in addition to grandparents. However, the focus of the program is on our grandparents.
Pretend Birthdays: The children who have a birthday during the summer will be able to celebrate their birthday at school with a Pretend Birthday. Following are the days that I have the pretend birthdays scheduled. Please let me know if I need to make changes. You may send treats if you’d like. We have 24 students. Just a reminder that according to ICSD policy, the treats should be purchased from a store. Thanks.
Gavin Turek 1-24
Katie Larson 1-31
Katen Myers 2-21
Kassidy Workman 3-14
Charlie Davidson 11-8
Please let me know if I missed any summer birthdays.
Thanks for all you do.
Sincerely,
Brenda Haight
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment