August 22, 2011
Dear Parents,
I hope you all get a copy of this email and can also view it on the blog. I also have posted on the Blog pictures from the first day of school.
School has been fun and exciting so far as we have been making new friends and getting to know each other. I hope your child is enjoying school as much as I am. I think the favorite activity thus far was launching our water rockets on the first day of school. That sure was a lot of fun. No one even complained if they happened to get a little wet. (It felt good to get cooled off.) A special thanks to the parents who came to help. Their help made launching the rockets go very smoothly. THANKS!
Grandparents Program: Our class will be performing a program for our Grandparents on Monday February 13th at 1:30 p.m. in the school gym. Please tell grandparents and family members who would like to attend about the date so they can put it on their calendar and plan on coming. It should be a fun way to celebrate Valentine’s Day.
Reading Parents: Reading parents will start the week of September 12th. I appreciate all of you who have signed up to help. I will contact you before then to verify times etc. There are quite a few who signed up for Thursday. If any of you could change to Tuesday or Wednesday, please let me know. We could use more help on those days. Thanks!
Reading: One thing that will greatly benefit your child is if he/she reads each night. I am asking that each child read a minimum of 20 minutes per night (five nights a week). Sent home each week will be a reading record where your child can keep track of the days and time read, (The time you read to your child can also count but still have your child read as well.) Please sign and return the reading slip with your child each Monday morning.
Book Orders: Book orders were sent home today to be returned by Friday Sept. 9th if you’d like to order some books. I’ll only send a couple of book orders home this year so this would be a great time to order books if you’d like. Book orders are a great way to add good books to your home library.
Homework: Homework will be sent home on Wednesdays to be returned on Friday mornings. This will usually be a math review page. The homework this week will deal with doubles in math.
Green Math Book: At Back-to-School Night I sent home a green math book with each of you. This book is for your student to keep at home and work in for practice and review. The company sends us these practice books free each year. I like to get them into the hands of the students.
Back-to-School Night: It was great to meet with you at Back-to-School Night. Thanks for coming.
Take Home Library: The Take Home Library will start in the middle of September. Watch for that.
Sharing: We will have sharing this Wednesday at 1:00. Please don’t let your child bring toys for sharing or to school to play with.
Parents, I am looking forward to visiting with you often throughout the year. The children in our class are wonderful. We are going to have a GREAT year! Please feel free to call me if you have any questions or concerns - school @ 586-2850 or home @ 586-2189.
Thank you for your support!
Sincerely, Brenda Haight
Saturday, August 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment