April 18, 2011
Dear Parents,
I can honestly say that I am so sad that this year is almost over. These students are wonderful! I appreciate them and their efforts. I also appreciate you and all of your support. We certainly will finish the year off strong.
Easter (Spring) Break: There will be no school on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday of this week because of the Easter Break.
Reading Mothers: Because of the short week, we will not be having reading centers so reading mothers won’t need to come this week. We sure appreciate you and your dedication.
Next week, Thursday reading Mothers won’t need to come until 10:00 because the students will have their P.E. earlier on this day.
Math: We will finish working with fractions. This has been fun for the students.
Next week, we will start on measurement.
Eggs: Thank you for sending eggs to school. We will blow them out on Monday and then use them for an Easter activity on Tuesday.
Field Trip: Our field trip to SUU to attend the Bard’s Birthday Bash on Friday was fantastic. We had a lot of fun as we celebrated Shakespeare’s birthday.
P.E. Permission Slip: Last week, I also sent home a permission slip for P.E. The students will be going over to Cedar High School to run around the track for the Presidential Fitness Awards. Our P.E. time needed to be changed to 9-10:00 on Thursday so we won’t conflict with the high school track team. Please make sure your child has good running shoes on for this day. Thank you.
Science: We will finish up our animal unit and start on plants. The students did a fabulous job with their animal reports last week. Thank you for helping them with these. We will learn about different habitats this week and which animals live in which.
We have planted out Brassica Rappia plants (an experimental mustard plant which goes from seed to seed in 40 days.). They are sprouted and doing well.
Pictures on the Blog: I posted pictures on the blog from our field trip to the Bard’s Birthday Bash and of students doing their animal reports. Some of the animal report pictures I took with a disposable camera so they aren’t on the blog – sorry but they will come home at the end of the year.
Spelling words and homework: There will be no spelling words or homework this week because of the short week. However, have your child read each day if possible. Thanks!
Thanks again for all of your help and support.
Brenda Haight
Saturday, April 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment