February 22, 2011
Dear Parents,
It was great to see so many of you at our Grandparent’s Program last Friday. The students did a fantastic job! I was very proud of them. I also was impressed by how many grandparents and family members came to see the program. Thanks so much for your support! Thanks also for helping to furnish the refreshments. They were great!
We had a fun time.
Video of the Program: I was hoping to get a good video tape of the Grandparent’s Program so that I could make copies for anyone who would like one…however, the video didn’t turn out. Somehow it got bumped or turned off accidently 5 minutes before the program started. It worked great for the first 20 minutes I had it turned on but the program hadn’t started then. I’m so sorry . There were many people filming the program. Maybe some of them had better luck than I did.
SEP Conferences: SEP conferences will be held the week of March 7th – 11th. A paper with a suggested time for you to come with your child to meet with me will be sent home sometime this week. Watch for it. Please sign and return the slip as soon as possible. Thanks!
Spelling: The spelling words for most of the students this week are question words. Watch for them to come home today.
Math: We will continue with time and start money and regrouping with addition. You may know regrouping as carrying and borrowing numbers. We will also review the concepts learned thus far. Watch for math papers to come home. If your child has missed problems on them, these would be good for you to go over and review with him/her. We go over them at school but any additional practice is helpful.
Language: We will continue to work with the two uses of the apostrophe- in contractions and to show possession. We will also work with similies and long vowel patterns in words.
Science Fair: Just a reminder that the South Elementary Science Fair will be held on March 25th. A yellow registration paper was sent home last Friday. Those who wish to participate in the Science Fair need to return this form signed by Friday February 25th. No late entries will be accepted.
Social Studies: We will be wrapping up our study of maps and map skills during the next two weeks.
Pretend Birthday: We will celebrate Ryker’s pretend birthday this Friday February 25th.
Wedding: I have a daughter getting married on the 5th of March. I put an invitation in your child’s box at school. Please know that I don’t expect you to come but thought it would be fun for the students to get an invitation. Please know that you are more than welcome to come if you’d like but don’t feel obligated.
I appreciate your help and support.
Sincerely,
Brenda Haight
Sunday, February 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment