Friday, September 24, 2010

September 27th Newsletter

September 27, 2010

Dear Parents:

S.E.P. Conferences: Next week is S.E.P.conferences. I am sending home a suggested time for you and your child to come and meet with me. Please sign and return it as soon as possible. Just a reminder that school will be dismissed next week at 2:30 each day (even Wednesday) because of S.E.P conferences. I’m looking forward to meeting with you and your child at your scheduled time to celebrate the wonderful things he/she is doing in school.


Math: We will continue with patterning, symmetry, skip counting by numbers , graphs and work with greater than and less than.

Spelling: Watch for spelling words to come home today. They are on a half sheet of green paper. The spelling test will be on Thursday.

Top Secret Bag: Throughout the month of October, I will be sending home each night a mystery bag with two students. This is a TOP SECRET activity that you can do with your child in place of their 20 minutes of reading. There is a book to read as well as an activity to do. Please help me reinforce to the students that this is a top secret activity. I would like it to be a surprise for everyone at the end of the month just like it will be for those at the first of the month. Please complete the activity and send the bag to school the next day so I can send it home with another student. Have fun with it!

Science: We are having a great time with our unit on rocks. We will learn about metamorphic rocks this week. We will have a presentation from Bryce Canyon about rocks on Monday and a guest geologist come on Wednesday. It will be another great week.

Language: We will work with the friendly letter format, character and setting as well as continue with punctuation.

Take – Home Library: Take Home Library books started to come home last week. These books are on your child’s independent reading level.
The students should be able to read them independently. Please encourage your child to return these daily (if they don’t have a long book). These books are a great help in getting reading minutes in each night.


Parents, I am delighted with our class. We have wonderful students who get along very well, work hard and help each other. It is a joy to be their teacher. I’m looking forward to a great year!

Sincerely,
Brenda Haight

No comments:

Post a Comment